Food technology is a branch of food science that deals with the production processes that make foods. Food Technology course is gaining popularity among students these days. Also, it is a rapidly growing industry which is harnessing the power of modern technology. The technology is used to innovate and improve the way food is being produced and distributed.
Need for online courses
But, research is picking up the pace in this field and new buds are blossoming. So, you need an edge to distinguish yourself from other students. Extra knowledge about the latest trending topics related to the course is as important as studying the course material provided by your institute. So, boost your knowledge from the free online courses from FutureLearn on examining how food production can become more efficient and sustainable.
About the various Online Food Tech Courses
FutureLearn offers 9 free and short, but carefully selected, online courses to enrich your knowledge. Also, these are put together with the help of various universities from all over the globe. Hence, this makes these courses worth giving a try and they won’t disappoint you.
Here is the list of the 9 amazing courses.
- Farm to Fork: Sustainable Food Production in a changing environment
- Trust in Our Food: Understanding Food Supply Systems
- Intellectual Property Management in the Food Sector: Safeguarding your Trademarks in the Global Marketplace
- Explore How Framers Produce Food Sustainably
- Future Food: Sustainable Food Systems in the 21st Century
- How Food is Made: Understanding the Food Processing Technology
- Identifying Food Fraud
- Improving Food Production with Agricultural Technology with Plant Biotechnology
- Engaging with Controversies in Food System
Process for joining the courses
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
You can join any of the above-mentioned courses for free by registering. You can track your activity and progress as well.
Most of these courses are time-bound and require you to dedicate a set amount of time per week for the duration of the course. Most of the courses are 3-4 weeks long and require you to give 2-3 hours per week to complete the course.
To know more and to join these courses, CLICK HERE
To read similar content from us, CLICK HERE
Rate this article -
Skilled in content writing and management and Content Manager at Mindgrad. A Freelance Writer pursuing Btech in Food Technology and Management