What is FSSAI /Food Liscence ?
Food License Registration certificate is required to run a food product business. You have to register under Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to manufacture, distribute and transport food products. FSSAI is established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. FSSAI Certificate and FSSAI License are same which ensures the quality, purity and other important factors the customers can rely upon.
Benefits of FSSAI Certificate
- TRUST OF THE CUSTOMERS
An authentic communication is necessary to gain the customer trust. It will conduct better service and also keep the customers from unhealthy and adulterated food supply.
- LEGAL ADVANTAGES
FSSAI Certification will enhance the chance of legal enforcement and control over the department at a certain point and will encourage the establishment of several things to a particular area.
- GOVERNMENT FUNDING AND LOANS
The FSSAI registration will offer the privileges of Government Funding and Loans that can be easily accessible for the business operators.
- USE OF FSSAI LOGO
The use of FSSAI logo on your product will normally create goodwill trustworthiness amongst the consumers.
- BRAND VALUE
A company will automatically acquire Brand Value once it is FSSAI registered.
- EXPANSION OF BUSINESS
The FSSAI license will provide a wider scope and privilege of expansion at any geographic location and Recognition of Government
- PERMIT OF FOOD BUSINESS
FSSAI License speaks about the safety of the customers concerning to food business.
- BENEFITS FROM GOVERNMENT ACTIONS ON NON-COMPLIANCE
Government will take action and bestow the help on the company in case of any non-compliance issue in the future.
- BOOST UP YOUR BUSINESS
If a business is FSSAI registered, it will create handsome client base and boost up the business at a larger scale.
How to get FSSAI liscence online ?
• Fill the details like the full name mobile number mentioned on the page.
• Submit your documents by Email.
• The documents will be checked and queries will be settled within 2 working days.
• The candidate will get the document in 7 working days.
Documents Required For FSSAI Food License
Any Identity Proof document like Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving License.
Three different types of fssai food license :-
- Central License ( turnover over Rs.20 crores)
- State License ( turnover 12 lakhs-20 crores)
- Basic Registration ( turnover over 12 Lakhs)
1. FSSAI Registration Central License: Food business operators such as the Importers, 100% Export Oriented Units, large manufacturers, operators in the Central Government agencies, airports, seaports etc are however required to obtain a Central Food License. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
2. FSSAI Registration State License: Food business operators like small to medium-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc. are however required to obtain the Fssai State License. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
3. FSSAI Basic Registration Licence: The Food business operators like petty food manufacturers and also the small-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc are thus required to obtain the FSSAI Registration. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
To know more about online food licensing, click here
To read such more articles, click here
Rate this article -
B.Tech Student at NIFTEM (National Institute of Food Technology and Entrepreneurship and Management)