The ICAR Post-Doctoral Fellowship (ICAR-PDF) is a new programme approved under the ongoing “Strengthening and Development of Higher Agricultural Education in India” Scheme of Agricultural Education Division (ICAR). It supports the bright and talented researchers to pursue Post-Doctoral Programme to build capacity in frontier areas of national interest in Agriculture and Allied Sciences.
- Identify and support motivated young researchers for conducting researches related to agriculture that builds the national capacity.
- Providing platform to develop as an independent researcher capable of initiating new programme.
Fellowship of Rs 75,000 per month with research grant of Rs 2,00,000. Fellowship amount would be over and above the salary amount received by awardees that would be taxable as per government of India rules.
Number of Fellowship would be ten per year for ICAR-IARI Pusa, New Delhi and five per year for ICAR-IVRI Izatnagar, ICAR-NDRI Karnal and ICAR-CIFE Mumbai respectively.
- Applicant should be citizen of India.
- Candidate must have obtained Ph.D. degree from recognized University and should be working in an institution under ICAR-AU System.
- Candidate should have completed minimum three years of service in regular capacity as a scientist or equivalent in ICAR-AUs system.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 40 years on the last date of submission of application. Five years relaxation is provided to the candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically challenged and women candidates.
- Fellowship can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
For more info about ICAR-PDF, 2020 Click here
For more jobs and internship news, Click here
Rate this article -
B.Tech student at National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management